In the case of problems with access to certain network resources or if there is a need to stay “incognito” users begin to look for all kinds of VPN plugins. However, experienced Network users are aware of the load of such services and never use them in their work. All they do is put a proxy in the Yandex browser or change the operating parameters set.
Proxy server essence
Translation from English “proxy” – representative. In our case, it acts as a mediator between the user and the server itself. For Yandex, it is an intermediate software tool whose purpose is to redirect traffic. When proxy traffic is activated, it moves in two directions: to the intermediary and to the target equipment.
Quote: Neither the user nor the target server may even be unaware of the presence of a proxy, as visual and technical differences are often not observed.
Need to use a proxy server in Yandex
In combination with a proxy browser Yandex is able to perform a number of tasks related to:
- Reducing the amount of traffic consumed (can save up to 60%);
- activation of a new Internet access point for PCs operating via LAN connection type;
- increase in the level of anonymity (the final server receives partial information about the surfer, which can be used to identify the current location of the surfer);
- The opening of blocked Internet resources (popular in countries where there are legal prohibitions on the use of certain sites);
- Improved protection against fraudulent influences in the direction of the user;
- providing faster loading of resources, pages (works with those types of pages, which are loaded in the mode of enabled caching on the server);
- by setting up one-way access to network resources;
- by filtering malicious resources on the Web, removing ads, and implementing other contextual manipulations.
In the case of the Yandex Browser, these functions can be performed either individually or in combination. At the same time, it should be noted that the standard type of proxy does not cope with the functions of caching, content filtering and security of personal data of the user. These features will only work if you set up your own proxy server.
Which proxies are available in the Yandex.
For surfing the Internet in the browser Yandex provides 4 types of proxy servers, despite the fact that their actual number is in the tens. The main servers available for work in this browser are the following:
- Standard HTTP, which is used for simple surfing on the Internet. With this proxy user can upload data into the cache, open partially or fully blocked sites, configure content filters, change the connection speed.
- HTTPS is a proxy variant that supports secure access to resources based on the SSL protocol. It is intended for work on platforms in which transfer of the personal data on the user is supposed. The previous version of the protocol can be easily intercepted, and this one is more complicated due to the encryption.
- FTP is a proxy used solely for the purpose of transferring data to the server via the same name access.
- Socks4 (5). Used for applications that refuse to work with other types of proxies. The technology is completely confidential and provides a transparent type of connection.
Proxy addition algorithm
To activate the proxy in Yandex, you need to perform a few simple actions.
- Find a suitable proxy type (looks like IP and port data). It is best to choose a proxy that does not differ in geographical parameters from the real location of the user. This will ensure high loading speed.
- Go to your browser settings.
- Press the “Settings” button.
- Go to the “Advanced Settings” section.
- In the “Network” tab, press the key to change proxy server settings.
- In the “Connections” tab, select the Network setting item (located at the bottom of the panel).
- In the column with the proxy set the selection in 1 checkbox, activating the function.
- In the line with the address to enter IP data, and in the line with the port – proxy information.
The changes made are saved and such manipulations are carried out in the window below. This algorithm allows you to change the proxy server in Yandex. The first 3 formats (HTTP/HTTPS and FTP) can be changed. The Sox Proxy will not be active and will not work. You will need to perform other actions to set them up.
Changing the proxy in the browser Yandex
In order to be able to use Sox technologies, it is necessary to make additional adjustments to the operating parameters of the browser. To change the proxy and use “socks” (Socks4/5), you need the following:
- Go to the browser settings and open them completely by clicking on the “Show additional settings” button.
- In the “Network” item go to the settings of its operation parameters by pressing the corresponding key.
- Open additional settings in the “Proxy server” tab. To activate this key, you need to check in advance the server activity and the presence of a checkmark in the column “Use a proxy…”.
- Unselect the check box where the permission to use 1 server for all types of protocols is specified.
- In the last column “Socks” enter the IP address and port data.
- We save the changes and exit the settings menu.
In addition, it is recommended to change proxy settings in this browser in relation to addresses of local type. Otherwise, the user will not be able to open the home server under any circumstances.
Now that you need to modify the Yandex Proxy again, you will need to do the same. Now you can add your own list of proxies and if you want to change them, without resorting to outside help.