For the majority of PC users, the concept of “proxy server” is not fully understood, let alone changed or configured. We’ll take care of this in order.
Proxy server – a special kind of server providing free and safe access to the blocked resource. On the technical side, it is a kind of gateway through which the flow of information passes in 2 directions: from the server to the network resource.
Proxy can be used for different tasks:
- Bypassing page locks. If the necessary resource is blocked on the territory of a certain country, it will be possible to access it through a proxy purchased in another country.
- To control access to network resources through the local network.
- To protect local networks from external access.
- As an anonymization of resource availability. Such use is relevant in the areas of the CoE and the SMM.
Which proxy should I use?
All proxies are divided into two types: personal and public. The former are distinguished by the fact that they work on a paid basis, while the latter are free of charge. Let’s get to the bottom of what’s “good” and “bad” about each of them.
- do not require payment, so they are used by most users;
- there’s no proper level of security;
- Speed of operation – low (due to high popularity among users, and the number of zeros affects the quality of the server);
- short-lived – no one can give a date, how long this or that type of proxy will last.
Paid (personal) proxies:
- require the payment of a fixed fee (not as large as it may seem at first glance);
- has a stable speed of operation;
- the transmitted user data is protected in real time;
- the durability of the work.
For commercial purposes, the second type will still be more rational and correct.
Users who are actively surfing the web often wonder how to change the proxy in their browsers themselves. Let’s consider several ways of configuring and changing proxies for all types of browsers.
How to set up and change proxies
There are 3 ways to change the proxy server:
Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages, nuances of work.
The essence of the method is that the user independently specifies the proxy data in the configurable parameters of the browser.
Quote: The manual method is not very well received by users, as you have to search for it yourself.
However it is necessary to notice that at such way of adjustment and change of a proxy browser will work according to needs and requirements of the user.
To make changes to the Mozilla Firefox browser, you need the following:
- Go to the “Settings” menu, where you can press the button (settings) of the same name.
- Press the “Advanced” button.
- In the drop-down list of options to stop at the “Network” item and click on it.
- In a new window, place an icon next to the manual configuration method of the server.
- Enter or change the proxy in the fields, after which it will be installed and ready to surf.
In Opera browser the process of change and configuration is identical to that of Mosilla. From the settings, go to the general settings, click on the network and set the proxy value.
If you work with Internet Explorer browser, you will need the following:
- Go to Service.
- Click on “Observer Properties”.
- Go to the “Connections” tab.
- In the new window, click on the tab indicating the settings of the Network operation parameters.
To enter new proxy data, you should put a “bird” near the “Use a proxy server” item.
Manually configuring proxy settings in Chrome isn’t very difficult. User only needs to set changes in proxy settings. To do this, go to “Tools” and click on “Show additional settings”. In the new window, click on the tab for changing proxy settings. Enter the required data in the corresponding line and save the changes.
Features of the automatic setting method
Automatic mode of proxy change and setup is based on the use of specialized software that facilitates the search and selection procedure. Today, developers offer a wide variety of software products that can perform automatic search, verification of suitable resources, as well as their subsequent integration into a user-friendly browser. It’s such software:
- Proxy Switcher Pro;
- Hide IP Easy;
- Mask Surf;
- Proxy Assistant.
There are also special extensions that allow you to simplify the process of configuring and changing the proxy. Such extensions may include the following TunnelBear, ininja, Hotspot Shield and others.
Let’s sum up.
We have considered all ways to change the proxy server in the browser, and on several variants at once. This procedure is quite simple and easy. If you need to change the proxy, you need to go to the settings through the desired browser or “Control Panel” of your PC and enter the new port and IP address.